PRESS RELEASE: OFSTED rates Compass School Southwark a Good School
The governors, staff, students and parents of Compass School Southwark are celebrating receiving a “GOOD” rating from Ofsted, across all categories from effectiveness of leadership and management through to outcomes for pupils. An Ofsted Inspection Team visited the school on 17 and 18 May 2017.
The Principal, Lauren Thorpe, said of the outcome:
“Since our last inspection in May 2015, the Governing Body and school staff team have worked tirelessly to drive forward the school and see the whole Compass community rewarded with the Ofsted grade that we deserve. I could not be happier for the parents and students, who can now proudly say that they attend a good school.
I am incredibly proud that our strong values of aspiration, integrity, exploration and resilience are highlighted as a strength of the school, and that the good teaching and learning that takes place has been recognised.
I am confident that Compass School Southwark can now go from strength to strength, and solidify its place as the school of choice for families in Bermondsey.”
The key findings of the inspection were:
- “Leaders and governors have worked effectively to improve standards across the school since the last inspection.”
- “The most able pupils and disadvantaged pupils make the same good progress as their peers.”
- “Teachers plan lessons well, considering the needs of pupils in their classes.”
- “Effective teaching supports good progress over time.”
- “Pupils who have special educational needs and/or disabilities make good progress because of the effective care and support they receive.”
- “Pupils’ attendance and behaviour have improved considerably over time, so that they are now good.”
- “The curriculum supports pupils’ personal development well.”
- “The school’s values of aspiration, integrity, exploration and resilience are evident around the school.”
- “As the school has grown, external challenges have been overcome successfully.”
- “The school’s work to support vulnerable pupils is strong.”
For further information please see:
- Ofsted report on the school’s website: https://compass-schools.com/wpcms/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Compass-School-Southwark-10031700-PDF-final.pdf
If you have any questions please contact:
- Lauren Thorpe, Principal on 0203 542 6506 or at email@example.com