Students are expected to arrive in school and to leave the premises in full school uniform, and students who come to school without the correct uniform will not be permitted to attend lessons, and may be sent home to change or asked to wear spare school uniform. The school is responsible for determining what is acceptable uniform and what is not. Students will also be given a 30 minute detention to be completed after-school in that day.
Please note that we do not sell uniform in school. The only item available to purchase from school is the tie.
COVID 19 Update
Due to the above, there are restrictions on trying on clothing. As a result, there will not be an opportunity for you to come into school to try on uniform. Please use the link for information on how to order and ensure your child has the right size uniform: Ordering Uniform and Size Guide
The uniform consists of the following items:
- Plain coat (Optional – this should be fit for the purpose of providing protection from the weather and not a fashion item)
- Plain mid blue single-breasted blazer with compass logo on pocket (purchased from Price & Buckland)
- Plain navy blue V-necked jumper
- White shirt buttoned to the neck
- Embroidered tie in house colour (available to purchase from school)
- Socks – black, grey or navy blue
- Plain black shoes with no logos (see below for details)
- Boys: mid grey trousers; Girls: mid grey trousers or tartan knee length skirt (purchased from Price & Buckland)
- Plain navy blue or black hijab
The sports kit consists of:
Students are not permitted to represent the school in any activities if they are not in full school uniform.
Jewellery and accessories
Students should not wear jewellery to school, other than small, plain, gold or silver stud earrings and/or a watch. Jewellery and piercings to other parts of the face and body must not be worn whilst at school. Single piercings anywhere on the body are not permitted.
Any hair accessories must be discreet and navy blue/grey/black. No brightly coloured hair accessories will be permitted. Headscarves are not permitted unless worn for religious observance.
All items must be removed for PE lessons for health and safety reasons.
Students should not wear makeup or nail polish to school. If seen, students will be sent to the reception where makeup remover wipes will be provided. Acrylic nails will be dissolved and removed, or cut.
Students must wear black leather school shoes. See the below illustrations for guidance.