Compass School has an Independent Appeals Panel appointed in accordance with the provisions of the statutory Code of Practice on School Admission Appeals. If your child has not been offered a place at Compass School, you have the right of appeal to the panel.
Please find the timetable for admissions appeals for students who wish to join the school in September 2023:
- Deadline for lodging appeals is 12 noon Friday 26 March 2023. You must give reasons for your appeal and also enclose copies of any supporting documents or evidence you wish to present to the appeals panel.
- Appeals will take place week commencing 5 June 2023.
- Invitation letter about the hearing sent 10 days in advance by the Clerk to the Independent Appeals Panel.
- Provide any additional or supporting evidence by 31 May 2023.
- Notification of decision of the panel sent by 30 June 2023.
Appeals for in-year applications is as follows:
You must lodge the appeal within 20 school days upon receipt of your letter of refusal. You MUST state the reasons for your appeal and supply documentary evidence at this stage. Appeals are held within 30 school days of receipt of the appeal form.
Please contact the school for more information or forms.