Compass School was established to provide an outstanding education for our community, meaning the best teaching standards and highest aspirations for every child. Our school vision says: “Everyone in the Compass community will confidently reach the destination to which they aspire”.
Pupils are motivated by our values of aspiration, integrity, exploration and resilience. These aspects of school life help them to aim high and develop their character, while enjoying their learning and making many friends along the way.
Rated “Good” by Ofsted in 2017, our pupils achieve GCSE outcomes above the national average.
Compass School Southwark aims to be the best choice for you and your child by offering:
- A small 11-16 school, with small class sizes and strong sense of community
- A stimulating curriculum which encourages pupils to enjoy learning and reach their potential
- Timetabled enrichment options such as Duke of Edinburgh, table tennis, debating, leatherwork and free music lessons
- A healthy learning environment, with a minimum of two periods a week of sport
- Advice, guidance and pathways for students towards higher education, training and/or employment
- Well-being and pupil engagement at the heart of all that we do, with Student Voice, free breakfasts and fruit for all
- A new state-of-the-art building opening in 2023
“You all saw Compass for what it really was, a community.” Year 11 Leaver
If you are unable to visit us face-to-face please join us online Virtual Open Event.
Visits to the school for open events will follow the latest government guidance on social distancing. We are also making provision for virtual open days and activities that will also give a taste of Compass life. Visit this page our our social media platforms for up-to-date information about our admissions activities and events.
Get in Touch
To find out more, please see our social media platforms or submit a query by email or complete the form below.