Compass School continues to be a “good” school (November 2022)
Key findings from our Ofsted 2022 report:
- Pupils at this school learn in a calm and well-ordered environment.
Leaders and staff have high expectations of behaviour. Pupils behave well in lessons and around the school. They are respectful to each other and to their teachers.
- Pupils value the rewards system, and they know that good behaviour and hard work will be recognised.
Teachers know their pupils well.
Leaders have put together a broad and balanced curriculum. Curriculum content has been carefully considered and is taught by staff with strong subject knowledge.
- Leaders are ambitious for all pupils, including those with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND).
Pupils benefit from a very clear structure to their lessons, and from teachers who are enthusiastic about their subjects.
Pupils take part many different activities and new learning opportunities. For example, they learn to photograph the night sky, develop leatherwork skills, design computer games, and participate in a wide range of sporting clubs.
Compass School is a “GOOD” school (May 2017)
Key findings from our Ofsted 2017 report:
- Leaders and governors have worked effectively to improve standards across the school since the last inspection.
- The most able pupils and disadvantaged pupils make the same good progress as their peers.
- Teachers plan lessons well, considering the needs of pupils in their classes.
- Effective teaching supports good progress over time.
- Pupils who have special educational needs and/or disabilities make good progress because of the effective care and support they receive.
- Pupils’ attendance and behaviour have improved considerably over time, so that they are now good.
- The curriculum supports pupils’ personal development well.
- The school’s values of aspiration, integrity, exploration and resilience are evident around the school.
- As the school has grown, external challenges have been overcome successfully.
- The school’s work to support vulnerable pupils is strong.
To view further statistics on Compass School, you can also review the Department for Education performance tables here