Compass School is a “GOOD” school (May 2017)
Key findings from the report:
- “Leaders and governors have worked effectively to improve standards across the school since the last inspection.”
- “The most able pupils and disadvantaged pupils make the same good progress as their peers.”
- “Teachers plan lessons well, considering the needs of pupils in their classes.”
- “Effective teaching supports good progress over time.”
- “Pupils who have special educational needs and/or disabilities make good progress because of the effective care and support they receive.”
- “Pupils’ attendance and behaviour have improved considerably over time, so that they are now good.”
- “The curriculum supports pupils’ personal development well.”
- “The school’s values of aspiration, integrity, exploration and resilience are evident around the school.”
- “As the school has grown, external challenges have been overcome successfully.”
- “The school’s work to support vulnerable pupils is strong.”
You can read our Ofsted report in full here.
To view further statistics on Compass School, you can also review the Department for Education performance tables here.
Previous inspection reports
Section 8 Monitoring Inspection (January 2016): You can view this report here.
Section 5 Inspection report (May 2015): You can view the report from our first Ofsted inspection, carried out in May 2015 on the Ofsted website here.